Ford Unveils New 2013 Fusion NASCAR Stock Car
Ford recently unveiled the racing livery for their race car that's based on the upcoming 2013 Fusion. The new racer from the American automaker is only a Fusion on the outside, though, as it packs a fierce powertrain and other racing-specification equipment under the hood that isn't quite suited for cruising the streets of Baltimore. Then why call it a Ford Fusion Race Car? Simply put, Ford wants fans to feel a connection with the car on the track.
As such, we here at Norris Ford, located at 901 Merritt Blvd. Baltimore, MD, though we'd take a moment to go over the production model that will soon be available for a test drive. Feel free to look over the specs below, then contact us to learn more and arrange a test drive once it arrives.
2013 Ford Fusion At a Glance- Engine: 1.6-liter EcoBoost I4, 2.0-liter EcoBoost I4, or 2.5-liter Duratec I4
- Transmission: Six-speed 6F automatic (available with all engines) or Six-speed manual (1.6 EcoBoost only)- Available Trim Levels: S, SE, and Titanium
- Wheelbase: 112.2 inches- Length: 191.7 inches- Width: 72.9 inches- Height: 58.1 inches- Second generation of the mid-size sedan features styling cues from the European-inspired Ford Evos Concept
- Equipped with MacPherson struts and an all-new multi-link rear suspension- Features an optional auto start-stop system for the 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine model
- Hybrid and plug-in hybrid models also in development
- First unveiled at the 2012 North American International Auto Show
- Fun Fact: Also called the Ford Mondeo in Europe